|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
 Rashi 18b DH Lo Nechleku:
*1*) [line 5] D'TANA KAMA SAVAR IY EFSHAR L'TZAMTZEM - The Tana Kama maintains that it is impossible to achieve perfect precision even bi'Yedei Adam, in human actions. Measuring the distance to the corpse is considered bi'Yedei Adam.
*2*) [line 6] V'REBBI ELIEZER SAVAR EFSHAR L'TZAMTZEM - Rebbi Eliezer maintains that it is possible to achieve perfect precision *only* bi'Yedei Adam. Both the Tana Kama and Rebbi Eliezer maintain that perfect precision cannot be attained bi'Yedei Shamayim, like the Rabanan of our Mishnah. They argue whether perfect precision can be attained bi'Yedei Adam.
3) [line 10] YAVI'U EGLAH ACHAS B'SHUTFUS V'YASNU! - both cities should bring one calf and stipulate that it should belong to the city that is nearer to the corpse
*4*) [line 11] D'CHULEI ALMA EFSHAR L'TAMTZEM - everyone agrees that it is possible to achieve perfect precision, even bi'Yedei Shamayim, like Rebbi Yosi ha'Glili
5) [line 30] AD D'ACHALT KAFNIYASA B'BAVEL - instead of eating dates in Bavel.... That is, "while you were enjoying yourself eating dates in Bavel, we were busy trying to answer this question" (Rashi), or, "instead of eating poor quality dates in Bavel, you ought to have come to Israel and struggled with us to answer this question" (Tosfos).
6) [line 35] LIFLEGEI GABEI HADADEI - let them divide it between them
8) [line 46] SHE'EIN CHALIPIN B'YAD KOHEN - no animal has been given to the Kohen in exchange for this one (the Shitah Mekubetzes changes "Chalipin" to "Chalipav")
*9*) [line 28] REBBI AKIVA PALIG BI'SHENAYIM SHE'HIFKIDU ETZEL RO'EH - does Rebbi Akiva argue in this case?!
10) [line 33] NICHA LEI D'LIS'AVID MITZVAH B'MAMONEI - a person wants a Mitzvah to be done with his property (if he does not stand to lose money by doing so. The Mitzvah involved in this Gemara is raising a Bechor in order to eventually eat it or sacrifice it.)
11) [line 35] MIDA'AM - anything