|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 2] U'MINAH - (lit. and from it) and from the Beraisa itself (on Daf 54b), we may ask a question [regarding the proposal that the Beraisa is referring to Terumas Ma'aser]
2) [line 5] SHE'HEN - (This word should be *SHE'HAYU*)
3) [line 8] L'SHOLKAN - to cook them thoroughly
5a) [line 24] DACHKINAN U'MUKMINAN MASNISIN - we force [an explanation] and
put the case of the Mishnah
6) [line 25] NILOSHOS B'FOSHRIN - are kneaded in lukewarm water (see TOSFOS to Menachos 57a DH Minchas, RAMBAM Hilchos Ma'aseh ha'Korbanos 12:21, CHAZON ISH to Menachos 34:1)
7) [line 25] U'MESHAMRAN SHE'LO YACHMITZU - and they guard them so that they
do not become Chametz (MECHAMETZ ES HA'MINCHAH)
8a) [line 27] LISHASAH - its kneading
9) [line 28] "LO SE'AFEH CHAMETZ, CHELKAM [NASATI OSAH ME'ISHAI...]" - "It shall not be baked with leaven. [I have given it to them for] their portion [of My fire-offerings...]" (Vayikra 6:10) - Chazal apply the word "Chelkam" to the first half of the verse also, rendering it as, "*Even the portion of it* [that the Kohanim may eat, the Sheyarei ha'Minchah,] shall not be baked with leaven."
10) [line 1] "LO SE'ASEH CHAMETZ" - "it shall not be made leavened" (Vayikra 2:11)
11) [line 3] ACHAS AL KULAM - one [set of Malkus] for all of them (Lishah, Arichah and Afiyah)
12) [line 4] BI'CHELAL HAYESAH - it was included in a general rule (see below, entry #16)
13) [line 6] MA'ASEH YECHIDI - an important action
15) [line 12] D'FARAT BAH RACHMANA - that HaSh-m (lit. the Merciful One) singled out [in the Torah]
16) [line 14] DAVAR SHE'HAYAH BI'CHELAL V'YATZA MIN HA'KELAL L'LAMED
1. When a new Halachah is explicitly written in the Parshah discussing the object that was singled out.
17) [line 17] KELAL U'FERAT EIN BA'KELAL ELA MAH SHEBA'PERAT
18) [line 20] HA'MERUCHAKIN ZEH MI'ZEH - that are separated from each other (i.e. the verses that contain the Kelal and the Perat, respectively are in different places in the Torah)
19) [line 22] V'AMREI LAH KEDI - (a) and some say it was [asked by a sage named] Kedi (MAHARSHAL citing RASHI, possibly referring to Gitin 85b DH v'Lurchei #2, but see YOSEF DA'AS to Bava Metzia 2a); (b) and some say it was asked without a specific sage's name being mentioned (RASHI to Gitin ibid.)
20) [line 24] "... V'SHACHAT OSO BI'MEKOM ASHER YISHCHAT ES HA'OLAH LIFNEI HASH-M, CHATAS HU." - "... and he shall slaughter it in the place where the [Korban] Olah is slaughtered, before HaSh-m, it is a [Korban] Chatas." (Vayikra 4:24) - This verse in Parshas Vayikra is among the verses of the Korban Chatas that is offered by the Nasi.
21) [line 27] "BI'MEKOM ASHER TISHACHET HA'OLAH TISHACHET HA'CHATAS" - "in the place where that [Korban] Olah is slaughtered, you shall slaughter the [Korban] Chatas" (Vayikra 6:18) - This verse in Parshas Tzav is among the general verses of the Korban Chatas.
22) [line 29] L'KOV'O - to teach that it is Me'akev (to show that a Chatas that is not slaughtered in the northern part of the Azarah of the Beis ha'Mikdash is invalidated)
23) [line 32] "... V'SHACHAT ES HA'CHATAS BI'MEKOM HA'OLAH." - "... and he shall slaughter the [Korban] Chatas in the place of the [Korban] Olah." (Vayikra 4:29) - This verse in Parshas Vayikra is among the verses of the Korban Chatas that is offered by an individual.
24) [line 39] PERAT U'CHELAL HU, V'NA'ASEH KELAL MOSIF AL HA'PERAT
25) [line 43] NACHSHO"N V'SHACHA"T O"F BA'PESAC"H SIMAN - this is a mnemonic device for remembering the four attempts by the Gemara to answer the question, "What does the word "Oso" (Vayikra 4:24) exclude?" as follows:
1. *Nachshon* refers to "Oso ba'Tzafon v'Ein Se'ir *Nachshon* b'Tzafon" (line 44)26) [line 44] SE'IR NACHSHON - the voluntary Korban Chatas of Nachshon Ben Aminadav, the Nasi (prince) of the tribe of Yehudah. The Nesi'im offered inauguration sacrifices for the dedication service of the Mishkan in the desert (Bamidbar 7:1-88)
27) [line 44] HO'IL V'ISRABI L'INYAN SEMICHAH - since it was taught that the Se'ir Nachshon requires Semichah
28) [line 45] SEMICHAH
29) [line 45] "V'SAMACH YADO AL ROSH HA'SA'IR..." - "and he shall press his hand on the head of the he-goat..." (Vayikra 4:24)