|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 1] TALMUD LOMAR - the verse brought shows that one Kohen may not trade his portion of the sacrifices for the portion of another Kohen; rather, all of the Kohanim fit to receive portions of the Korbanos at the time divide the Korbanos equally
2) [line 2] L'CHOL BENEI AHARON TIHEYEH ISH K'ACHIV (MISHMAROS)
3a) [line 3] SHE'LO KAMU TACHTEIHEN B'DALUS - since they do not replace the
Zevachim (animal sacrifices) with regard to obligatory Korbanos when the
person who is obligated to bring the Korban is very poor (rather, Menachos
replace Korbanos of *birds* in certain situations)
4) [line 6] "V'CHOL MINCHAH ASHER TE'AFEH BA'TANUR, V'CHOL NA'ASAH VA'MARCHESHES V'AL MACHAVAS, LA'KOHEN HA'MAKRIV OSAH, LO SIHEYEH. V'CHOL MINCHAH VELULAH VA'SHEMEN VA'CHAREVAH, L'CHOL BENEI AHARON TIHEYEH, ISH K'ACHIV. V'IM AL TODAH..." - "Any flour offering that is baked in an oven, and all that is prepared in the deep frying pan, and in the shallow frying pan, shall be for the Kohen who offers it. And any flour offering, mixed with oil, and dry, shall be for all the sons of Aharon, for one as much as for the other. And if for thanksgiving [he brings his Korban...]" (Vayikra 7:9-11) - These are the verses with which the Gemara is working.
5a) [line 12] HALALU ASIYASAN B'YAD - the offering of these (birds) is done
with the hand [of the Kohen, i.e. through Melikah -- see below, entry #16]
6a) [line 17] ZO MA'ASEHA KASHIN - the products of this one (the Minchas
Machavas) are hard [baked goods]
7) [line 25] HA'HU MI'"KOL" NAFKA - that Halachah is extracted from the word "Kol" (from Vayikra 7:10, see above, entry #4)
8) [line 26] V'HA AFIKTEI LICHED'REBBI YOSI B'REBBI YEHUDAH - but have we not used that word for the teaching of Rebbi Yosi b'Rebbi Yehudah (from Daf 63b)?
9) [line 27] ELA HA'HU MI'"V'CHOL" - that is learned from the extra letter "Vav" in the word "v'Chol"
10) [line 27] ASYA MID'TANI LEVI - it (the Halachah that the Minchas ha'Omer and the Minchas Kena'os are Nikmatzos and that their Sheyarim are eaten by the Kohanim) is learned from the Beraisa that Levi taught
11) [line 28] "[ZEH YIHEYEH LECHA MI'KODESH HA'KODASHIM MIN HA'ESH,] KOL KORBANAM L'CHOL MINCHASAM ULE'CHOL CHATASAM ULE'CHOL ASHAMAM ASHER YASHIVU LI, KODESH KODASHIM LECHA HU, ULE'VANECHA." - "[This will be for you (Aharon ha'Kohen) (i.e. your portion) from the most holy sacrifices, from the fire (i.e. after those parts that are designated to be burned on the Mizbe'ach are burned there),] all of their offerings all of their flour offerings, all of their sin offerings and all of their guilt offerings that they will return to Me, they are consecrated to you and your children." (Bamidbar 18:9)
12) [line 30] L'RABOS LOG SHEMEN SHEL METZORA - to include the Log of olive oil of the Metzora (that the remainder of the oil is divided between the Kohanim) (for a discussion of the laws of a Metzora, see Background to Menachos 48:26)
13) [line 30] SALKA DA'ATACH "MIN HA'ESH" KASAV RACHMANA - you might assume that since the verse states "Min ha'Esh" - "from the fire (i.e. after those parts that are designated to be burned on the Mizbe'ach are burned there)," that only something from which a part of it is burned on the fires of the Mizbe'ach is given to the Kohanim (and none of the oil from the Log Shemen of the Metzora is burned on the Mizbe'ach)
14) [line 33] "V'ACHLU OSAM ASHER KUPAR BAHEM" - "And they shall eat those things with which the atonement was made..." (Shemos 29:33)
15a) [line 34] HAI L'HATIR KA ASYA - this one (the Minchas ha'Omer) comes to
permit Chadash to be eaten (see Background to Menachos 67:30)
16) [line 36] SALKA DA'ATACH AMINA NEVEILAH HI - you might assume that the
Kohanim would not get a share of the Chatas ha'Of because when a bird is
killed without ritual slaughter, its meat is prohibited to be eaten as
17) [line 38] ASHAM NAZIR V'ASHAM METZORA (ASHAM METZORA B'HEDYA KESIV BEI KI KA'CHATAS HA'ASHAM HU LA'KOHEN ELA L'RABOS ASHAM NAZIR K'ASHAM METZORA) - (the words in parentheses belong after the words on line 41, "SALKA DA'ATACH AMINA L'HACHSHIR KA ASI, KA MASHMA LAN," as is the Girsa of the Sugya in Zevachim 44b)
18) [line 39] "KI KA'CHATAS HA'ASHAM HU LA'KOHEN" - "for the Korban Asham is like the Korban Chatas for the Kohen" (Vayikra 14:13)
19) [line 41] SALKA DA'ATACH AMINA L'HACHSHIR KA (ASI) [ASU] - you might assume that that Kohanim would not get a share of the Asham Nazir and the Asham Metzora because they are brought to render the Nazir fit to begin Nezirus Taharah once again and to render the Metzora fit to eat Kodshim (RASHI to Zevachim 44b DH l'Rabos)
20) [line 42] GEZEL HA'GER
21) [line 1] SHALMEI HA'OVDEI KOCHAVIM OLAH - the Korbenos Shelamim brought by the Nochrim are offered as Korbenos Olah
22) [line 3] LIBO LA'SHAMAYIM - his heart is directed towards Heaven, i.e. when he pledges a sacrifice, his intention is that the entire animal should be sacrificed to HaSh-m
23) [line 4] "ASHER YAKRIVU LA'SH-M L'OLAH" - see below, entry #26
25a) [line 18] LEVONAH - frankincense or oliban (a gum resin from trees of
present-day Arabia and India
26) [line 20] "...[L']OLAH." - "[Speak to Aharon, and to his sons, and to all the People of Yisrael, and say to them, 'Anyone ("Ish Ish") of the House of Yisrael, or of the converts in Yisrael, who will bring his offering for any of his vows, or for any of his voluntary offerings, which they will offer to HaSh-m] as a burnt offering.'" (Vayikra 22:18) - Rebbi Yosi ha'Gelili learns from the word "Olah" that even though Chazal teach that thi s verse allows Benei Yisrael to accept Korbanos as vows and voluntary offerings from the Nochrim, they may not accept Korbenos Nezirus from them.
27) [line 24] "... ISH [O ISHAH] KI YAFLI LINDOR NEDER NAZIR L'HAZIR [LA'SH-M.]" - "[Speak to the people of Yisrael, and say to them,] 'When either man [or woman] shall separate themselves to vow a vow of Nezirus, to separate themselves [for HaSh-m.']" (Bamidbar 6:2)
28a) [line 25] NEDER NAZIR (NEZIRUS)
b) [line 25] BENEI YISRAEL NODRIN - Benei Yisrael may vow [a vow of Nezirus]
29) [line 31] (V'SHILE'ACH) [V'SHALACH] IMAH NESACHEHA - and he sent the Minchas Nesachim (see Background to Menachos 57:11) with it
30) [line 33] V'COL (CHAVERTAH) [AVIZRAHA] - and all of its accessories (i.e. including the Minchas Nesachim)
31) [line 34] "[KOL] EZRACH [YA'ASEH KACHAH ES ELEH, L'HAKRIV ISHEH RE'ACH NICHO'ACH LA'SH-M]" - "[Every] citizen [shall do these [Nesachim offerings] like this (the amounts mentioned in verses 4-9), to bring a pleasing fire-offering to HaSh-m.]" (Bamidbar 15:13)
32) [line 36] "KACHA" - see previous entry
34) [line 44] "V'HAYESAH LA'KOHEN KA'MINCHAH" - "and it shall be to the Kohen like the [Korban] Minchah" (Vayikra 5:13) - This verse refers to the Korban Minchas Chotei, and teaches that its Sheyarim are eaten, like most other Korbenos Minchah.
35) [line 44] SHE'TEHEI AVODASAH KESHEIRAH BO - that the offering of the Korban Minchas Chotei of a Kohen may be performed by the same Kohen who sinned
36) [line 48] "V'CHOL MINCHAS KOHEN KALIL TIHEYEH LO SE'ACHEL." - "And every meal-offering of a Kohen shall be entirely [burned]; it shall not be eaten." (Vayikra 6:16).