|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 3] "[LO YIHEYEH CHELI GEVER AL ISHAH] V'LO YILBASH GEVER SIMLAS ISHAH; [KI SO'AVAS HASH-M ELOKECHA KOL OSEH ELEH.]" - "[No male article shall be on a woman] and a man shall not wear a woman's garment; [because whoever does these practices is an abomination of HaSh-m your Elokim.]" (Devarim 22:5)
2) [line 12] "TO'EVAH HI" - these words appear in other verses that do not apply to our Sugya (e.g. Vayikra 18:22, Devarim 24:4). The correct Girsa seems to be "*TO'AVAS HASH-M*," as in the previous entry.
3) [line 16] KELEI ZAYIN - weapons
5) [line 22] NEGIDAH - lashing
7) [line 24] MIN CHEVRAYA (CHAVER)
8) [line 26] BAR PACHASEI! - son of great people!
10) [line 22] KORBENOSAV L'CHATZA'IN - that is, if the Nazir acts according to Ben Zoma's ruling, in the event that he was Tahor, he will have brought his Korbanos in two separate stages ("l'Chatza'in" - broken up): the Olah after the first thirty days and the Chatas and Shelamim after the second thirty days
11) [line 23] V'LAISI! - and let him bring it! (the Korban Nazir Tahor l'Chatza'in) i.e. what is wrong with Ben Zoma's ruling that the Nazir will bring his Korbanos in two stages?
12) [line 24] L'CHADED BAH ES HA'TALMIDIM - [Rebbi Yehoshua made his statement to induce his students to question it and] to sharpen his student's scholarship
13) [line 25] MAI LI'AVID LEI REBBI YEHOSHUA L'DAKEI D'LO LISRU - (a) What will Rebbi Yehoshua do about the Chalavim (or Eimurin; Dakin = intestines) so that they will not *decay* [because of the extra time that it takes to have two Nezirim shave and not just one]? (TOSFOS). (ARZEI HA'LEVANON, citing the BE'ER MOSHE explains that Tosfos is referring to the *lack of honor* that is being shown towards the Korban by causing the Eimurim to wait the extra time; they do not decay in such a short time.); (a) What will Rebbi Yehoshua do about the intestinal *pain* (Lisru from the word Yisurim) of the second person who will have to keep the laws of Nezirus and not drink wine for sixty days? Wine is beneficial to the intestines (Nedarim 66a) and Rebbi Yehoshua is causing another person to abstain from it (RASHASH)