|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 1] BENOS SHU'ACH - usually, Benos Shu'ach are identified with a species of inferior white figs, the trees of which produce fruits over a 3-year period (Berachos 40b, Rosh Hashanah 15b, Bechoros 8a). However, the figs of our Gemara are a superior strain and are probably not white (ROSH, TOSFOS to Bechoros 8a DH Benos -- see there where Tosfos differentiates between them, calling the inferior dates Benos Shu'ach and the superior dates Benos *Sheva*, which is also his Girsa in our Gemara. See also the MEFARESH here)
2) [line 18] D'ATPIS ZACHVASA B'VEI DINA - who hands over to Beis Din all of the documents that show his rights, with the stipulation that he will return within 30 days, and if not, he forfeits the documents
3) [line 4] PASKEI MABERA - the ferry stopped him [from crossing the river, since it was at the other side of the river at the time]
4) [line 4] CHAZU D'ASAI! - See that I have come!
7) [line 16] ASMACHTA KANYA
8) [line 19] HARAGIN - robbers who are willing to kill to get money