|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 1] DIKULA - basket
7) [line 10] D'HACHEIN HU TO'EVAH - that this [case] is the To'evah [to which the Torah is referring]
8) [line 11] PARSHEI AT - [Then] you explain it!
12a) [line 14] HACHI AMAR RACHAMANA, TO'EVAH - This is what the Torah states
-- "To'evah" [means]...
13) [line 15] KI INYANA KADMA'AH - like the first episode
15) [line 17] TAVLIN YESH BAH - (a) "Is there any spice in it?" i.e. Does it have any flavor? (RAN, MEFARESH); (b) There is an undesirable mixture in it (SHITAH MEKUBETZES)
16) [line 17] MI SHANYA... - Why is it different... i.e. What could be appealing about this relationship?
17) [line 20] ZO, MAH HI - "This woman, what is her status?" i.e. From whom has she become pregnant? (RAN)
18) [line 20] LO YACHIL BEN EL'ASHAH L'MISBAL - Ben El'ashah could not bear the disgrace of Rebbi
19) [line 24] "...KASOM YICHSEMU ES ROSHEIHEM" - "[And they shall not shave their heads, nor let their locks grow long;] they shall only trim their heads." (Yechezkel 44:20)
20) [line 25] KE'EIN LULEYANIS - like the Lulian (Julian) style of hair- cutting; clipped hair
21) [line 26] TISPARTA YECHIDASA - a special haircut
24) [line 1] KAVUSH - pickled, preserved
28) [line 8] TZELI - roasted
32) [line 15] UBE'TZIR *[UBE'MURYIS]*. HA'NODER... - (the Bach #2 adds this word based upon the Girsa of the Mishnayos and of our Gemara)
33) [line 16] TZACHANAH - (a) a mixture of salted small fish, the majority of which are whole, and the rest hashed (RAN); (b) hashed fish (TOSFOS 1st explanation, ROSH)
34) [line 17] MURYIS - oil that exudes from salted fish (RAN, BARTENURA), which have no innards mixed in them (RAN, TOSFOS)
35) [line 17] ASUR B'TZIR UBE'MURYIS - (this is the Girsa of the ROSH and the MEFARESH. The RAN and TOSFOS, however, are Gores *MUTAR* B'TZIR UBE'MURYIS)
36) [line 28] B'NEDARIM HALECH ACHAR LESHON BENEI ADAM - interpret the words of a Neder based on their colloquial usage
37a) [line 29] TZICHIN - the word for the plural of Tzachanah (RAN)
38) [line 30] KUM - whey