POINT BY POINT SUMMARY
Prepared by Rabbi N. Slifkin
of Kollel Iyun Hadaf, Yerushalayim
Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
Ask A Question on the daf
Previous daf Nedarim 6
NEDARIM 6 (Tamuz 22) - dedicated by Zvi and Tamara Sand of Har Nof,
Yerushalayim, for the Yahrzeit of Tamara's father, Shlomo Zevulun ben Yakov
1) THE BERAISA OF INCONCLUSIVE YADAYIM (Cont.)
(a) Question: We see that inconclusive Yadayim are not effective:
1. (Beraisa) Saying "This (person) is on me as a Korban" is
(b) Answer: Without "on me," it isn't a Yad at all; he may be
referring to Hefker or Tzedakah.
2. We see that it only works if he said "on me"!?
(c) Question: It is referring to Korban, for which "on me" isn't even
(d) Answer: The correct inference is that without "on me," the other
person is also forbidden from him, as it may refer to Hekdesh.
(e) Question: We see that inconclusive Yadayim are not effective:
1. (Beraisa) Saying "This is a chatas" is ineffective, even if
he is already liable for one.
(f) Answer: This follows R. Yehudah, who said regarding Get that
conclusive Yadayim are required.
2. Saying "This is my chatas" is effective, provided he is
liable for one.
3. We see that he must say "my"!
(g) Question: It had been claimed that Abayey was even going
according to R. Yehudah!?
(h) Answer: This was retracted.
(i) Question: Have we also retracted from saying that Rava was even
going according to the Rabbanan?
(j) Answer: No, he would still hold that it is only with Get that
they hol dthus as it is less inconclusive.
2) YAD FOR KIDDUSHIN
(a) Question (Rav Papa): Is there a concept of Yad for Kiddushin?
3) YAD FOR PEYAH
1. Question: If he was Mekadesh a woman and said to another,
"And you, too," obviously it works!?
2. Answer: It is referring to where he only said "and you"; do
we take it to mean "and you too" or do we take it to mean
"and you watch."
3. Question: Surely since Rav Papa asked about Shmuel's opinion
regarding inconclusive Yadayim with Kiddushin, we see he
held of the concept of Yad with Kiddushin!?
4. Answer: He was only asking according to Shmuel's viewpoint.
(a) Question (Rav Papa): Is there a concept of Yad for Peyah?
1. Question: If he said "This row should be Peyah, and this one
too" obviously it works!?
2. Answer: It is referring to where he only said "and this one"
without saying "too."
3. Question: Can we infer from here that he can make the whole
field Peyah if he wants?
4. Answer: Yes, and it is deduced from a verse.
5. The question is as to whether its Hekesh to Korbanos also
serves to transfer the rule of Yados, or only for Bal
6. Question: Where is this Hekesh?
7. Answer: The Braisa expounds that "from you" (written
regarding Bal T'acher) includes Leket, Shikchah, and Peyah.