|(Permission is granted to redistribute this material as long as the Kollel
header and the subscription info at the end are included.)
CHARTS FOR LEARNING THE DAILY DAF
brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Har Nof
Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
Email - email@example.com
Pesachim Chart #4
Pesachim Daf 22b-23b
THE ISUR HANA'AH OF FOODS
WHICH ARE ASUR B'ACHILAH
||EVER MIN HA'CHAI
|| CHULIN SHE'NISHCHATU
| Ki Yirchak Mimcha
*This is the source, according to one Amora,
that Chametz and Shor ha'Niskal
are Asurim b'Hana'ah.
(1) This is the opinion of everyone except Rebbi Yosi ha'Gelili, who permits
deriving Hana'ah from Chametz during Pesach. The Halachah does not follow
(2) According to Rebbi Avahu's understanding of Rebbi Meir, this is the
source for the Isur Hana'ah of Chametz and Shor ha'Niskal.
(3) According to Rebbi Avahu's understanding of Rebbi Yehudah, this is the
source for the Isur Hana'ah of Chametz and Shor ha'Niskal. (Rebbi Yehoshua
ben Levi maintains that Rebbi Avahu said his statement only according to the
opinion of Rebbi Meir, while Rebbi Yehudah derived the Isur Hana'ah of
Chametz from somewhere else. See Insights to 23:2.)
(4) However, according to Rebbi Shimon, Hana'ah is *Asur*. The Gemara is in
doubt whether it is Asur b'Hana'ah also according to Rebbi Yosi ha'Gelili
(5) This is Chizkiyah's source that wherever the Torah says, "Lo *Ye'achel*"
it implies an Isur Hana'ah as well. The Gemara explains that even though it
is permitted to derive Hana'ah from Sheratzim, it is forbidden to deal in
business with them.
(6) The Amora'im (and Tana'im) argue whether Chulin she'Nishchatu ba'Azarah
are Asur b'Achilah and b'Hana'ah from the Torah, or only mid'Rabanan.
For questions or sponsorship information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org