POINT BY POINT SUMMARY
by Rabbi Ephraim Becker
Kollel Iyun Hadaf, Yerushalayim
Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
Ask A Question on the daf
Previous dafPesachim 121
PESACHIM 120-121 (25-26 Kislev) - the Daf study material for the first day
of Chanukah has been dedicated to the memory of Hagaon Rav Yisrael Zev
Gustman ZaTZaL (author of "Kuntresei Shiurim"), whose Shiurim lit the eyes
of many, by his students.
1) NETILAS YADAYIM FOR PIGUL AND NOSAR
(a) A series of disputes exist between R. Huna and R. Chisda
regarding the source and application of this law.
2) MISHNAH: THE BERACHAH OVER THE PESACH AND OTHER KORBANOS
1. One reports the reason to be suspicion and one reports the
reason to be laziness (see below).
2. One reports the amount as a KaZayis, one KeBeitzah.
3. One taught (suspicion) regarding Pigul and one taught
(laziness) regarding Nosar.
4. One taught (KaZayis) deriving from the prohibition of eating
it, and one (KeBeitzah) deriving from the minimum amount of
food subject to Tumah.
(a) [R. Yishmael] The (unique) Berachah made over the Pesach exempts
one from reciting a different Berachah over the other Korban.
(b) [R. Akiva] The Berachos do not exempt one another.
(c) We can attribute this dispute to another, regarding Zerikah and
1. [R. Yishmael] Zerikah is considered a subset of Shefichah,
but Shefichah is not a subset of Zerikah.
2. [R. Akiva] The two pourings are not subsets of one another.
3) THE BERACHOS OVER PIDYON HABEN
(a) R. Simlai was asked at a Pidyon HaBen if the Kohen or the father
makes the second Berachah, Shehechiyanu.
***Hadran Alach Arvei Pesachim Uslika Lach Maseches Pesachim***
1. The Kohen, perhaps, since the benefit is his.
(b) He did not know and thus asked in the Beis HaMedrash.
2. The father, perhaps, since he is performing the Mitzvah.
(c) He was taught the law that the father recites both Berachos.
On to Shekalim