|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 3] "BA'MAYIM" "BA'MAYIM" SHENEI PE'AMIM - the word "ba'Mayim" is stated two times in the same verse with regard to Kosher fish: "mi'Kol Asher ba'Mayim" and "Kol Asher Lo Senapir v'Kaskeses ba'Mayim" (Vayikra 11:9)
2) [line 5] KED'AMREI B'MA'ARAVA - like they say in the west (i.e. Eretz Yisrael)
3a) [line 5] KOL MAKOM SHE'ATAH MOTZEH SHTEI KELALOS HA'SEMUCHIM ZEH
LA'ZEH... - wherever you find two Kelalos (general terms) written together
followed by a Perat (a specific term), we interpret the verse using the
method known as Kelal u'Frat u'Chlal (see Background to Shavuos 4:13), as if
the specification is written in between the two generalizations.
4) [line 20] SOTAH
5) [line 20] "V'NE'ELAM ME'EINEI ISHAH" - "and it is hidden from the eyes of her husband" (Bamidbar 5:13)
6) [line 26] "V'NE'ELMAH ME'EINEI CHOL CHAI, UME'OF HA'SHAMAYIM NISTARAH." - "it is hidden from the eyes of all the living, and concealed from the birds of the air." (Iyov 28:21) - RASHI to Iyov ibid. explains that the "birds of the air" refers to the Angels.
7) [line 28] "LO YADA ENOSH ERKAH..." - "Man does not know its value; [nor is it found in the land of the living.]" (Iyov 28:13)
8) [line 29] YEDI'AS BEIS RABO SHEMAH YEDI'AH - the knowledge that one received [as a child] from his teacher is [sufficient to be] considered a [prior] "Yedi'ah" (which is necessary to create a liability to bring a Korban Oleh v'Yored)
9) [line 36] AVOS / TOLDOS
10) [line 1] HA'MOTZI ME'RESHUS LI'RESHUS - transferring an object from a private domain to a public domain or vice versa
11) [line 2] KA ME'AYEIL IYULEI - he takes [an object] in (lit. up) [into a private domain from a public domain]
12) [line 7] TANA KOL AKIRAS CHEFETZ MI'MEKOMO "HOTZA'AH" KARI LAH - the Tana of our Mishnah calls any displacement of an object from its prior location "Hotza'ah"
13) [line 11] RESHUYOS KETANI - the Mishnah (Shabbos 2a) uses the word "Yetzi'os" to refer to "Reshuyos," domains. The Rishonim explain: (a) Read the Mishnah as follows: *Reshuyos* Shtayim she'Hen Arba. There are two Reshuyos involved in the prohibitions of Hotza'ah; Reshus ha'Rabim and Reshus ha'Yachid. They produce four prohibitions for the person inside the house (two mid'Oraisa and two mid'Rabanan), and four prohibitions for the person who is outside of the house (RASHI); (b) There are various *domains* of Shabbos. With respect to them, we find two prohibitions mid'Oraisa which are four (two more mid'Rabanan) inside the house and two ... outside of the house (TOSFOS to Shabbos 2b DH Reshuyos, citing RIVA)
14a) [line 14] BAHERES AZAH K'SHELEG - Baheres is as white (bright) as snow
15a) [line 15] SE'ES K'TZEMER LAVAN - Se'es is as [white as] white [newborn
16) [line 16] MAN TANA MAR'OS NEGA'IM? - Who is the author of the Mishnah [that separates] Mar'os Nega'im [into two categories that each contain an Av and a Todah]?
17) [line 17] KEIVAN D'AMAR ZO L'MA'ALAH MI'ZO V'ZO L'MA'ALAH MI'ZO - since he stated [the marks of Nega'im in order, not separating them into categories of Avos and Toldos, but rather recording them in one list, saying,] "this one is higher than that one and that one is higher than the other one" (as the Gemara shows on Daf 6a)
18) [line 18] TIHARTA SID HEICHAL MIL'TZAREF - you have made it impossible (lit. you have purified it) for the mark that is the color of Sid ha'Heichal to combine with any of the other marks for the required size of one Gris (see Background to Shavuos 2:4) [but it still can be Metamei by itself, when there is a mark that is the size of one Gris and the color of Sid ha'Heichal]
19) [line 20] ADIFA - more white [than it, i.e. Se'es is *in between* Baheres and Sid ha'Heichal]