REVIEW QUESTIONS ON GEMARA AND RASHI
prepared by Rabbi Eliezer Chrysler
Kollel Iyun Hadaf, Jerusalem
Previous daf Zevachim 16
ZEVACHIM 16 (25 Sivan) - This Daf has been sponsored by Rav Uri Sondhelm (of
Har Nof, Yerushalayim) l'Iluy Nishmas his mother, Sarah bas Rav Tzvi
(a) What Pircha do we ask on the 'Tzad ha'Shaveh' of Zar from Ba'al-Mum and
Tamei? What Chumra do they possess that Zar does not?
(b) So we switch the 'Yochi'ach' from Tamei to Onan (which assumes that Onan
is permitted to sacrifice on a Bamas Yachid). We still need Ba'al-Mum to
counter a Chumra which Onan possesses which Zar does not.
What is it?
(c) How does Rav Sama b'rei de'Rava counter the Kashya 'Mah le'ha'Tzad
ha'Shaveh she'Bahen sh'Kein Lo Hutra be'Bamah?
(d) What is his source?
(a) How does Rav Mesharshaya learn Zar from a 'Kal va'Chomer' from Yoshev?
(b) How do we counter the Pircha ...
(c) How will we answer the Kashya, assuming that that we do ask from Shem
- ... 'Mah le'Yoshev she'Kein Pasul le'Eidus'?
- ... 'Mah le'Shem Yoshev, she'Kein Pasul le'Eidus' (other than 'Shem Yoshev Lo Parich')?
(d) What do we learn from the Pasuk in Eikev "La'amod Lifnei Hashem
(a) What do we learn from the Pasuk in Emor (in connection with the Kohen
Gadol) "u'min ha'Mikdash Lo Yeitzei, ve'Lo Yechalel"?
Answers to questions
(b) Rebbi Elazar extrapolates it from the Pasuk in Shemini, where, in reply
to Moshe's query why the Chatas Rosh Chodesh had been burned, Aharon replied
What was Moshe's query? What was Aharon's response?
(c) Why does ...
(d) Then what did Aharon mean when he said "Hein Hikrivu ... "?
- ... Rebbi Elazar decline to learn like the first opinion ("u'min ha'Mikdash Lo Yeitzei")?
- ... the first opinion decline to learn like Rebbi Elazar?
(a) de'Bei Rebbi Yishmael learns Onan with the same 'Kal va'Chomer' from
Ba'al-Mum, as he initially learned Zar.
What will he answer to the Pircha
(b) Why can he cannot learn the warning of an Onan from "u'min ha'Mikdash Lo
- ... 'Mah le'Ba'al-Mum she'Kein Asah Bo Kereivin ke'Makrivin'?
- ... 'Mah le'Zar, she'Kein Ein Lo Takanah'?
(c) From where does he then learn it?
(a) If not for the 'Mah ha'Tzad', how would de'Bei Rebbi Yishmael now
explain the dialogue between Moshe and Aharon?
(b) What Pircha do we ask on the 'Mah ha'Tzad'? Which Chumra do Ba'al-Mum
and Zar possess over Onan?
(a) And we answer 'Tamei Yochi'ach'.
How do we then counter the Pircha'
(b) Why did we need to come on to Tamei in the first place? Why could we not
answer that a Zar himself has a Heter to bring Korbanos on a Bamah?
- ... 'Mah le'Tamei, she'Kein Metamei"?
- ... 'Mah le'ha'Tzad-ha'Shaveh she'Kein Lo Hutru mi'Chelalan Eitzel Kohen Gadol be'Korban Yachid'?
(c) And Rav Mesharshaya learns Onan from 'Yoshev', as he initially learned
How will he counter the Pircha ...
- ... 'Mah le'Yoshev, she'Kein Pasul le'Eidus'?
- ... 'Mah le'Shem Yoshev she'Kein Pasul le'Eidus', assuming that we do accept this as a Pircha?
(a) Rava qualifies the Din in our Mishnah 'Onan Pasul', by restricting it to
a Korban Yachid.
How does he learn this from Tum'ah?
(b) Why does Rava assume that Tum'ah is ...
(c) And why does he assume that Aninus is permitted to a Kohen Gadol even by
a Korban Yachid?
- ... forbidden to a Kohen Gadol by a Korban Yachid?
- ... permitted even to a Kohen Hedyot by a Korban Tzibur?
(d) Rava bar Ahila'i asks three Kashyos on Rava.
What is the basis of his
(a) How for example, might we ...
Answers to questions
(b) So how does Rava bar Ahila'i conclude?
- ... restrict the Heter of Aninus by a Kohen Gadol to a Korban Tzibur, with a 'Kal va'Chomer' from Tum'ah?
- ... permit Tum'ah to a Kohen Gadol even by a Korban Yachid with a 'Kal va'Chomer' from Aninus?
- ... forbid a Kohen Hedyot even by Tum'ah be'Tzibur with a 'Kal-va'Chomer from Aninus?
(c) What is then the extent of the Torah's ruling, when it ...
(d) In which case does Rava's bar Ahila'i's conclusion differ from Rava?
- ... permits Aninus by a Kohen Gadol?
- ... forbids Aninus by a Kohen Hedyot?
- ... permits Tum'ah by a Korban Tzibur?
- ... forbids Tum'ah by a Korban Yachid?